Primary Practice Areas
Sports & Entertainment
White Collar & Regulatory Defense
- All Courts in the State of California
- United States District Court, Northern and Central Districts of California
- B.A., Princeton University, History
- J.D., University of San Francisco, School of Law
Charles N. Bahlert
Mr. Bahlert works in the San Francisco office of Murphy Pearson Bradley & Feeney, where he represents clients in civil, criminal, administrative, and business disputes. In addition to his litigation and trial practice, Mr. Bahlert counsels clients on corporate formation, fiduciary, employment, and intellectual property matters.
- Mr. Bahlert has broad experience in commercial litigation in federal and state courts.
- Preserves and prosecutes client trademark rights before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and advises on copyright, trade secret and trademark disputes and strategies.
- Mr. Bahlert worked for the National Football League at its New York headquarters in the corporate legal department. Mr. Bahlert's responsibilities ranged from reviewing and editing license agreements between various media outlets, apparel lines, and organizations, to helping protect NFL trademarks and copyrights by monitoring infringing parties and drafting cease and desist letters.
- Mr. Bahlert clerked for the Oakland Raiders in California where he assisted in a broad range of labor and employment litigation and proceedings.
- Represented professional athlete in federal action against former agent for breach of contract and fraud.
- Represented owner of dental practice in a breach of contract claim following the sale of business.
- Maintains wine company's trademark portfolio.
Professional and Community Contributions
Mr. Bahlert is a member of the State Bar of California and the Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF).
Defenses and Limits of California Consumer Protections Laws, co-authored with Jason Fellner, Law360.com, February 27, 2017
- Should California-Based Businesses and Residents Incorporate in Nevada?, ADC Defense Comment, Vol. 31, No.1/Spring 2016
- College Football, Electronic Arts, and the Right of Publicity: Reality-Mimicking Run Amok (May 20, 2014). 18 Intellectual Property Law Bulletin 149, 2014
- Intellectual Property and Technology Law Certificate with Honors
- CALI Award (highest grade), Federal Income Taxation
- Intellectual Property Law Bulletin: Managing Editor and Board Member (2012-2013); Senior Articles Editor and Board Member (2011-2012); Survey Author (2011)
- Giles Sutherland Rich Memorial Moot Court Competition, Team Member (2012)
Pro Hac Vice