- All Courts of the State of California
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeal
- U.S. Federal District Courts for the State of California, Northern, Eastern, and Central Districts
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, Order of the Coif, Thurston Society, David E. Snodgrass Moot Court Competition Winner
- B.A., University of New Hampshire, Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Michael P. Bradley
Mr. Bradley, a founding member of Murphy Pearson Bradley & Feeney, is an experienced and accomplished trial lawyer. Mr. Bradley is the current 2016 President of the San Francisco Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and he also served as President in 2011.
He is also a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. He has tried over 40 cases to jury verdict. Mr. Bradley has been recognized by the California State Bar as a Certified Specialist in legal malpractice law.
Mr. Bradley was named one of California’s premier legal malpractice trial lawyers in California Lawyer magazine as well as selected to the Northern California Super Lawyer list since inception (2004 – 2016).
He is regularly called on to represent some of the best lawyers and firms in California, as well as a wide variety of other clients whose interests require courtroom excellence. Mr. Bradley is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating.
- Mr. Bradley was elected 2016 Trial Lawyer of the year by CAL-ABOTA. This honor is widely regarded as the most prestigious award for a trial lawyer in California.
- Mr. Bradley is serving as President of CAL-ABOTA in 2016.
- Mr. Bradley received the Lifetime Achievement Membership among America’s Top 100 Attorneys in 2016.
- Mr. Bradley serves as national trial counsel for a major mass tort defendant.
- Mr. Bradley has represented clients on multimillion dollar business purchases, including golf courses, software ventures, hotels and power plants; and has negotiated and drafted various corporate business contracts, including licensing, employment contracts, franchising and joint venture agreements.
Selected Client Representations
- In 2013, Mr. Bradley obtained a rare jury verdict in favor of a guarantor by establishing a sham guaranty defense and recovering a $600,000 judgment against the financial institution for attorneys’ fees.
- Mr. Bradley recently represented an Academy Award winning sound studio, obtaining an eight figure judgment against its insurer.
Mr. Bradley was the President of the San Francisco Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) in 2011 and is currently the President of ABOTA for the State of California. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is a Certified Specialist in the field of legal malpractice law by the California State Bar. Mr. Bradley serves as a judicial officer for the San Francisco Superior Court Mandatory Settlement Conference Program. Additionally, in 2016, Mr. Bradley received the Lifetime Achievement Membership among America’s Top 100 Attorneys.
Mr. Bradley was the past president and is a current members of the Board of Trustees of the San Francisco Women’s Rehabilitation Foundation. Mr. Bradley currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the Marine Corps Military Academy in Harlingen, Texas. He also is a past member of The Guardsmen of San Francisco’s board of directors.
Published Appellate Decisions
- CADC/RADC Venture 2011-1 LLC, v. Richard J. Bradley, et al., 235 Cal.App.4th 775, California Court of Appeals, First District, Division One, April 2, 2015
- Janik v. Rudy, Excelrod & Zieff, 14 Cal.Rptr.3d 751, 119 Cal.App.4th 930, California Court of Appeals, First District, Division Three, June 22, 2004
- Novak v. Low, Ball & Lynch, et al., 91 Cal.Rptr.2d 453, 77 Cal.App.4th 278, California Court of Appeals, First District, Division Four, December 28, 1999
- Daniel C. Miller v. The Superior Court of Contract Costa County, 221 Cal.App.3d 1200, 270 Cal. Rptr. 766, California Court of Appeals, First District, Division Two, June 29, 1990
- California State Auto. Assn. v. Bales, 221 Cal.App.3d 227, 270 Cal. Rptr. 421, California Court of Appeals, First District, Division Three, June 14, 1990
- Mercy-Peninsula Ambulance, Inc. v. County of San Mateo, 791 F.2d 755, United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, June 10, 1986