- All Courts of the State of California
- All United States District Courts in the State of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
- J.D., University of San Francisco, School of Law
- B.A., Political Science, with a minor in History, University of California, San Diego
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Staff Member, University of San Francisco Journal of Law and Social Challenges
- Legal Extern to the Honorable Robert L. Dondero, San Francisco Superior Court
- CALI Award in International Business Transactions
- CALI Award in Securities Regulation
- Co-Chair of California Water Law Symposium
- Arthur C. Zief Scholarship Recipient
Jason E. Fellner
Mr. Fellner represents individual and
corporate clients throughout California with a focus in professional liability
defense and business litigation. Mr. Fellner has extensive experience
representing licensed professionals including lawyers, real estate brokers, and
insurance agents. Mr. Fellner is a skilled litigator who excels in both oral and
written advocacy. He is also experienced with corporate formation and
governance. His approachable style and good instincts have consistently proven
an asset to resolving complex cases and in negotiated transactions. He is
proactive, decisive and direct in communicating with his clients and
recommending effective strategies toward reaching each of his client's unique
set of goals.
Prior to joining Murphy, Pearson, Bradley & Feeney, Mr. Fellner clerked as a
legal research attorney for the Honorable Peter J. Busch in the San Francisco
Superior Court's Law & Motion Department. Mr. Fellner is recognized by the
California State Bar as a Certified Specialist in Legal Malpractice Law. Mr.
Fellner has been selected as a Northern California SuperLawyer from
2013-2017. He is also a committee member of the Northern California
Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS), and a committee member of
the Bar Association of San Francisco Legal Ethics Committee. Mr. Fellner also is an attorney referral panelist for the California Association of Realtors (C.A.R.)
and serves on the Legal Ethics Editorial Advisory Board for Law360.com.
Mr. Fellner is a member of the State
Bar of California and American Bar Association. He is an American Board of Trial
Advocates (A.B.O.T.A.) Trial College Fellow. Mr. Fellner served as a
Commissioner of the City of Millbrae's Parks & Recreation Commission and has
volunteered as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) to represent the best
interests of abused and neglected children in the San Francisco Juvenile
Dependency Court system. Mr. Fellner is an active member of the Guardsmen, a San
Francisco non-profit organization, and serves at the organization's Assistant
General Counsel. He also serves as a committee member at the Hebrew Free Loan, a
Northern California non-profit organization.
Published Appellate Decision
- Trapp v. Naiman, 218 Cal.App.4th 113, 159 Cal.Rptr.3d 462, California Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division Two, July 26, 2013
- Avoiding Malpractice Claims – A Primer for Both New and Seasoned Attorneys, San Mateo County Bar Association, San Mateo, CA, February 9, 2017
- Next Generation of LPL Leaders, American Bar Association National Legal Malpractice Conference, New Orleans, LA, April 28, 2016
- Avoiding Malpractice Claims, Bar Association of San Francisco, March 15, 2016
- Avoiding Malpractice Claims – A Primer for Both New and Seasoned Attorneys, Santa Clara County Bar Association, November 4, 2015
- Avoiding Malpractice Claims – A Primer for Young Lawyers, San Mateo County Bar Association, November 20, 2014.
- Mitigating Potential Legal Malpractice Claims, City Club of San Francisco, April 23, 2014.
- Ethical Issues in Family Law, San Mateo County Bar Association, January 24, 2014.
- Reducing Legal Malpractice Exposure with Effective Engagement Agreements, San Mateo County Bar Association, Family Law Section, October 11, 2013.
- Ethical Guidelines for Maintaining a Successful Practice, by Jason E. Fellner and Timothy J. Halloran, presented in December 2010.
- Quoted in Legal Ethics Cases to Watch in 2017, by Andrew Strickler on Law360.com, January 5, 2017
- Quoted in 3 Things Legal Malpractice Attys Should Never Tell Clients, by Y. Peter Kang on Law360.com, June 7, 2016
- Quoted in Andrews Kurth May Pay Big For Sticking By Soured Settlement, by Andrew Strickler on Law360.com, November 18, 2015
- The Insurance [P]Art of the Deal: Negotiation Perspectives From Insurance In-House Counsel, ABA/BNA Lawyers' Manual on Professional Conduct by Jason E. Fellner, September 2015
- Family Law Practitioners Take Notice of the New Bright Line Rule, by Jason E. Fellner and Allen Kuo, August 2015
- Quoted in The Best Way To Clarify Who Is Your Client And Who Isn't, by Andrew Strickler on Law360.com, July 28, 2015
- Quoted in Calif. Bar To Attys: Just Keep Your Lips Sealed, by Andrew Strickler on Law360.com, June 2, 2015
- Three steps to protecting your online reputation, published in San Francisco Attorney magazine, Fall 2014.
- A defensive approach to mitigating malpractice claims, by Jason E. Fellner, Peter L. Weber, published in the Daily Journal, May 23, 2014.
- In the event of a data security breach..., by Jason E. Fellner and Allen Kuo, published in the Daily Journal, January 16, 2014.
- Now Hiring: 3 Keys for New Attorneys to Find Success in a Difficult Job Market, by Jason E. Fellner, published July 2013 in The Bar Association of San Francisco Bulletin.
- Bury your exposure: malpractice claims and estate planning, by Jason E. Fellner and Allen Kuo, published February 20, 2013 in the Daily Journal.
- Legal Malpractice Update, by Jason E. Fellner, published January 18, 2010 on www.mpbf.com.
- Calif.'s Prop 65: Is It Worth the Fight?, by Jason E. Fellner and Steven A. Kronenberg, published November 2, 2009 on Law360.com - the newswire for business lawyers.
- Lawyers are Hungry - Too Hungry, Perhaps, by Jason E. Fellner and Timothy J. Halloran, published in the June 15, 2009 issue of the National Law Journal.