Primary Practice Areas
- All Courts in the State of California
- United States District Court, Northern and Southern Districts
- J.D., University of San Francisco, School of Law
- B.A., University of California, Davis
Mr. Kuo represents individuals and businesses in all phases of civil litigation with a focus on corporate and insurance litigation, intellectual property, and professional liability. Mr. Kuo counsels clients in a variety of matters related to copyright and trademark infringement, insurance defense, breach of contract and professional malpractice claims. Mr. Kuo is acutely aware of the need to provide ongoing litigation risk assessment, legal advocacy, while also employing a practical and results-oriented approach. Mr. Kuo has successfully represented and navigated his clients through all phases of litigation, including dispositive motion practice, mediation, trial and the appellate process.
- Defendant's Former Client v. Tax Attorney – Fraud (2016) – Successfully defended nationally recognized tax attorneys from professional liability and fraud claims in 3 week jury trial.
- Trucking Company v. Insurance Company (2015) – Represented national insurance company in breach of contract and express contractual indemnity case.
- Defendant's Former Client v. Attorney – Legal Malpractice (2013) – Successfully prevailed on summary judgment for client, a law firm against claims of breach of fiduciary duty. The Plaintiff appealed and the lower court's decision was affirmed on appeal.
- Car Dealership v. Website (2011) – Successfully defended individual client in a UDRP action by Toyota Marin involving a trademark dispute before the National Arbitration Forum.
Professional and Community Contributions
Mr. Kuo is a member of the American Bar Association, State Bar of California, and the Bar Association of San Francisco.
Mr. Kuo is a volunteer judge at the University of San Francisco School of Law's annual Moot Court Competition. He is also a volunteer at Glide Memorial Church where he does community outreach.
- In the event of a data security breach..., Co-Published with Jason E. Fellner, Daily Journal, January 16, 2014.
- Patent reform: Death knell for litigation?, Co-Published with Peter L. Weber, The Recorder, July 9, 2012
Published Appellate Decisions
- Two-year member of Jessup International Moot Court team; Top 10 Best Oral Advocate Award; 1st Place Best Brief Award; 2010 Washington D.C. Jessup World Cup Participant
- President, Advanced Moot Court Board
- Staff Member, University of San Francisco Journal of Law Intellectual Property Law Bulletin
- Honors Recipient, University of San Francisco, School of Law
- Arthur C. Zief Scholarship Recipient
Pro Hac Vice
- State of Alaska
- State of Oregon