- All Courts in the State of California
- Federal District Court in the State of California, Northern, Southern, and Central Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., California Western School of Law
- B.S., San Diego State University
Patrick J. Wingfield
Mr. Wingfield’s primary practice is business, employment, intellectual property, and real estate law, with a particular emphasis in the restaurant and hospitality industry. Within these arenas of law, Mr. Wingfield’s litigation practice includes handling of matters concerning claims for sexual harassment, discrimination, and wage and hour laws, trademark and copyright infringement, real estate contractual disputes, and civil rights violations. Mr. Wingfield’s transactional practice focusses on corporate formation and governance, commercial real estate transactions such as leasing and acquisitions and sales, employment related agreements, acquisitions and mergers, and raising capital and securities compliance.
Mr. Wingfield is the former president of the San Diego Phi Kappa Psi Alumni Association and Housing Corporation and a member of the California Restaurant Association, Golden Gate Restaurant Association as well as the Bar Association of San Francisco.
Representative Transactional Matters
- Serve as outside general counsel for a restaurant group based in Southern California that has multiple units and concepts. In this capacity, Mr. Wingfield’s duties include overseeing all litigation and providing counsel on a full range of core legal services, including corporate matters such as entity formation, business planning, and corporate governance; commercial real estate sale, acquisition, financing, construction and leasing; ABC and ADA compliance, employment and labor law, raising capital; and intellectual property licensing, development and protection.
- Regularly represent national restaurant franchisor in connection with the negotiation of franchise leases and ancillary documents.
- Reported to and assisted General Counsel of a global real estate firm in connection with the development, leasing, acquisition, financing and refinancing, and sale of a wide variety of real estate assets, including office buildings, hotels, restaurants, senior living facilities, REO properties, and multi-family properties.
- Represented Seller in connection with the successful sale of a multi-million dollar investment property located in St. Helena, California housing the corporate headquarters of a premier wine producer.
- Represent internationally recognized non-profit organization in connection with ABC compliance issues related to the production of a high profile charity event in San Francisco.
- Represented multi-unit restaurant start up in connection with corporate formation, business planning, and raising capital and securities compliance.
Representative Litigation Matters
- Johnson, et al. v. Napa Valley Wine Train, Inc., et al (2015-2016). Represented and obtained an amicable resolution for defendants in connection with a high-profile civil rights lawsuit arising out of the
alleged wrongful removal of eleven women from the Napa Valley Wine Train.
- Hundley v. Slater’s 50/50, Inc. (2015). Former employee filed a wrongful termination and sexual harassment and discrimination lawsuit after restaurant terminated her. Successfully procured early dismissal with prejudice.
- Restaurant Chain & Food Manufacturer (2014-2015). Represented
terminated corporate employee of a national restaurant chain and producer of
convenience foods in connection with the breach of a severance agreement.
Achieved early favorable settlement.
- Capital Marin, LLC v. William S. Provost, et al (2013). Successfully defended a section 727 adversary proceeding as co-counsel via a motion for judgment on partial findings.